Bathroom & Laundry Renovation Toolkit
This resource is a wonderfully comprehensive guide to renovating the “wet areas” in your home and making sure you don’t get unstuck on the tricky areas that can often cause headaches and blow out of costs when it comes to bathrooms and laundries.
Our Build in Common Bathroom and Laundry Toolkit is designed to take the uncertainty out of your project and empower you to understand and take control of your renovation.
The Bathroom & Laundry Renovation Toolkit includes 85+ pages of practical and easy to follow information giving you all you need:
- Bathroom and Laundry project brief and design template
- Navigating the build sequence for your project
- Design checklists and planning templates
- Bathroom and Laundry renovation budget planner
- Assessing and evaluating quotes
- Negotiating contracts
- Handover checklist
- Expert advice, tips and professional guidance in understanding the build phase
- Interpreting “builder speak” and their drawings
- Visual examples, diagrams and plans
- How to choose and manage your builders
- External resources
Often homeowners decide to tackle an upgrade of both the bathroom and laundry areas at the same time, as a cost-effective means of utilising common trades and materials for both rooms. Unfortunately renovating any of these wet areas can be an expensive task. Why? Because almost every building trade imaginable is involved in upgrading these rooms. You will need plumbing, electrics, cabinets, plaster, tiles, glass, flooring… so if you’re going to do it, know what you are in for before you start, understand who will be responsible for what and most importantly, do it well!
How will this Toolkit help you?
Our Toolkit guides you through the important hard-hitting questions:
Who? What? When? Where? Why? and lastly the How?
This resource is in a comprehensive Q&A format tailored specifically to suit you and your needs and wants, not the industry’s; something that has never done before!
No need for lengthy courses, painful studying or confusing builder opinions, because we have done the hard work for you! We have taken what many experience as endless hours of frustration and aggravation, and used our professional experience working in the building/renovating industry to create this easy, step-by-step guide to make you feel confident, informed and ultimately the BOSS.
How to use the Bathroom & Laundry Renovation Toolkit:
- Open up and follow the guide. We’ve created the chapters in the toolkits in the sequence that the industry works. So by following the steps you’ll have paid attention to when and what is important in the building process, which means you’ll avoid mistakes that can be costly. Plus you’ll know what to expect so you’ll be well prepared and avoid the “hidden things”. No use being at the finish line if the track hasn’t been designed right or built yet. Like the saying goes “Planning to fail is failing to plan”
- Take your time to digest the information. If need be re-read as many times as you want. There is a lot of information in the building world that you will come across, so do it at your pace!
- We have specifically written the toolkits with the ‘special ingredients’ which is a comprehensive Q&A format. We give you all the RIGHT questions to ask yourself and the building professionals before, during and after, so write notes as you go along. Your answers are vital to making sure you get your vision right, you get the best out of the experts, get the service you deserve and get the project you dream of.
- Take the toolkit with you when on-site or meeting building professionals. It will keep you on track, keeps you focused and keeps the building experts accountable. As someone described his toolkit – “the bible”
- Your toolkits are large folders, so use them as your Project Manager tool. Keep all your drawings, invoices, quotes and information in the toolkit so you always have your project information at your fingertips.
Maree, Fulltime Student, Wife and Mother, WA
“Just thought I’d let you know that I’ve had a quick read through everything in the Toolkit.
I’m so grateful that I have this info, as there are a lot of things that I hadn’t considered, and probably wouldn’t have thought to do, from what questions to ask and checking what insurance is required, through to making sure that I get certificates/warranties for my records.
I’ve realised that I will need to seriously consider the starting time for this project as I cannot have tradies here interrupting me when I’m trying to get final assignments done, or study for exams.
I’m only at the stage of creating a brief… but the Toolkit will help me to clarify my project brief and will now make sure that it is in writing so there can be no argument over exactly what I asked for!
For someone who has never undertaken a renovation, I am quickly realising just how much value is in this Toolkit. If it prevents me from making even one minor error, your Toolkit will have been worth every cent. Cheers!”