For the past couple of years, we have seen a trend with more people decorating for celebrations other than Christmas. And with Easter around the corner, our minds turn to Easter decorating. Admittedly this year’s egg hunts may need to be a little different and contained to the backyard, but that doesn’t mean we can’t add some fun and colour to the home!
Whilst some people will completely deck out their homes, we find most people are looking for a touch of Easter. They might display a front door wreath, decorate a tabletop or create a special theme for the dining table.
So, to inspire your Easter decorating our friends at My Christmas have collated 10 simple tricks and tips for you that are bound to be conversation starters.
Easter decoration inspirations
Find lots more ideas at www.mychristmas.com.au
Try these simple ideas to add a touch more fun and joy to your home this Easter:
- If you have a cute Easter bunny, simply sit it with a lovely vase of Easter daisies.
- If you want to add an extra little touch, layer one vase inside a slightly wider vase so you have a cavity you can fill with Easter eggs or jellybeans.
- Artificial grass is a great base as a table runner for Easter celebrations. If you can’t buy a pre-made runner (ie hemmed) then visit the hardware store and purchase a piece of artificial turf. As well as the table runner you can use it in smaller pieces as place settings.
- Place a real bunch of carrots into a clear vase with water and then add some daisies to the mix. Leave the greens on the carrots for that extra touch!
- Use artificial flowers to create a table piece with a bunny as the centrepiece.
- Fill a small bowl with oasis and artificial foliage and add little Easter egg decorations for a simple and effective table piece.
- Create place setting decorations with a bunch of artificial foliage and a couple of Easter egg picks and a bow.
- Bring the garden to your table by placing some fresh radishes onto the napkins at each table setting. If you want to be really cute add a packet of vegetable seeds to the settings!
- Did you ever look at a balloon upside down? They look an awful lot like an Easter egg!
- Twist your napkins into Bunnies. Simply Google Bunny Napkins Fold and you will find some easy step by step instructions to follow.
The My Christmas store is currently closed due to the CV-19 restrictions, however, Nicole and her wonderful team are still busily sending out parcels via their online service.
Visit mychristmas.com.au to view their stunning product range and make sure to add a little colour to your Easter this year.
Oh and if you want to see an amazing example of Easter decorations check out the @turtlecreeklane Instagram page!
Thank you to our guest contributor Nicole Keleher, Founder and CEO of My Christmas for sharing her ideas on how to brighten up our homes this Easter. All we can say is that we are glad online shopping is still an option!
Let’s hope to it xoxo